Qualifying Exams and Defenses
Qualifying Exams & Thesis and Dissertation Information
* Qualifying Exam, (this is given annually in August and potentially in January for ECE 570, 541, 533 and quantum mechanics preliminary exam).
* All four exams in your track must be PASSED by the beginning of your third year. Each exam may be attempted at most twice. BUT PLEASE NOTE THAT THE EM, GENERAL OPTICS, ADVANCED OPTICS, AND LASER EXAMS ARE OFFERED ONLY ONCE PER YEAR. Thus, if you wish to have two attempts at these exams, you MUST sit for the exams before your 2nd year begins.
- New COVID-19 Provision for 2020 OSE Qualification Exam
- Qualifying Exam General Rules
- Qualifying Exam Test Topics
- Qualifying Exam Formulae Sheet
- Past Quantum Mechanics Preliminary Exams